Preserve the wood on your Raleigh fence with repainting and refinishing services from the home exterior restoration services leaders at Osborne Painting.
Oftentimes, merely pressure washing a fence won’t totally do the trick. You can clean it, but the lack of a recently-applied wood finish or coat of paint can leave the door open for a slew of problems. At Osborne, we can sand and strip the area and apply a new coat and finish to keep your deck or fence in it for the long haul.
The first and foremost goal of Osborne Painting is to provide, you, the customer, the best quality workmanship that can be provided at the fairest of prices. We give you the peace of mind that the work will be done in its entirety and as discussed — no questions asked! In addition, we welcome our customers asking questions and making comments about our exterior painting and interior painting jobs. It is your home, after all!
Top-Rated Fence Painters in Raleigh
We take our promise to provide “Quality Work, One Step at a Time” seriously. Shortcuts are never taken. Whether it’s cleaning, preparing, sanding, caulking, priming, or painting, all steps are completed before moving on to the next. We’ll take the time to get the job done right.
Take a look at our client testimonials to see for yourself just how satisfied NC Triangle homeowners are with the quality workmanship and customer service they receive from the premier Raleigh painting contractor, Osborne Painting.
Benefits of Fence Painting and Refinishing
- Helps Prevent Damage – Since wood is natural, it’s susceptible to deterioration from the sun and rain. If wood is not treated, finished and waterproofed on a regular basis, that deterioration can be very rapid. Allowing Osborne Painting to paint your fence, stain it, or refinish it will prolong the life of your wooden fence and decking.
- Increases Safety – Wood in need of sealing and waterproofing finishes can be prone to damage in the form of splintering, loose boards, exposed nails and more. These issues can become larger problems, especially if you have young children around, or if you spend a lot of time outdoors. Treated, finished wood can stand the test of time, insulating property owners from accidents, falls, splinters, and other dangers.
- Maintains Quality Look – Having your fence repainting or refinishing done by an expert Raleigh painting company like Osborne Painting will keep your fence looking great all year round – you’ll be the envy of the neighborhood!
Fence Staining Services
Osborne Painting contractors offer complete fence staining services to get your fence looking like new. Our painting professionals can stain your entire fence with a stain of your choosing, that provides both aesthetic and structural improvements to the wooden fence around your yard. Whether you are looking to restore an old fence or if you are looking to stain a brand-new one, the painting experts at Osborne Painting can help you complete your project.
Fence Staining Process
We stick to an efficient fence staining process in order to provide our customers with a low-cost, high-value solution for improving their fence.
- Consultation – We will evaluate your fence, provide you with staining options, and give you an estimate for our fence staining services.
- Preparation – Here we will clean the fence, remove dirt that has built up over time, and start with a fresh wooden texture to apply the stain to.
- Priming – This will allow the paint on the fence to hold together for longer, requiring less maintenance or upkeep.
- Staining – We will apply the chosen stain on the fence, ensuring each part of the fence receives the right amount of stain.
- Final Review – We will inspect our work, alongside our customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction for your project.
Painting vs Staining Fences
As mentioned above, painting your fence can increase its lifespan while also improving the look and feel of your home overall. Depending on your location, paint can be stripped from wood fences. For example, painted fences have been known to be stripped in areas of heavy rainfall and minimal amounts of sunlight, such as homes in the mountains of North Carolina. On the other hand, homes near the beach experience large amounts of salt in the air, which could become an issue for some types of wood and paint.
The type of wood used is also a primary factor when it comes to painting or staining wood fences. For example, cedar is tough to paint, as it is porous and needs to breathe. This said stain will be the best option because it seeps deep into the wood as opposed to painting. On the other hand, oak, maple, and pine are dense and work well with both paint and stain.
By having a great understanding of what you’re looking for, you can maximize the aesthetics of your home.
Exterior Services Portfolio
Fence Painting FAQ’s
How to prepare for a fence painting?
Fence painting and staining preparation can help to speed up the process, limiting the amount of time needed to complete your fence. Painting contractors will provide a complete clean of your fence before the painting or staining process begins, in order to present the best results of the services. There are, however, some things that you can do to jumpstart the fence painting process such as: wash the fence down with a hose and spray areas of the fence that have collected mud and dirt over time.
How long should you wait before painting a new fence?
We recommend waiting anywhere from 30-60 days after installation of a new fence before painting or staining. In most cases, we recommend that the fence slightly weathers over the one to two months time frame, which helps to remove treatments which are often found on dry and pressure treated materials.
How much is it to stain a fence?
The costs associated with staining a fence can vary, depending on a few different cost factors. When speaking with a fence staining company, here are some cost factors that they will consider while pricing our your project:
- The total size of your fence
- The type of stain that you want to be applied
- How many coats of stain are required for your fence
Speak with a fence staining professional today to receive a free estimate on your fence staining project. Call Osborne Painting at (919) 878-6611.
Contact Our Fence Painting Experts
Osborne Painting serves homeowners in Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill, Wake Forest, Rolesville, North Raleigh, Falls Lake, Creedmoor, North Hills, Knightdale, Brier Creek, Apex and more. Reach out to us today for a custom quote!